Sunday, August 07, 2005


Dog days continued. . . .

As I write, the Astros are mired in a tied game with the Giants, 1-1 top of the 4th. They traditionally have not done well against the Giants for reasons unknown. However, it would be nice to finish this series, and road trip, on an up note. But this Richard Justice column provides some reassurance to this somewhat anxious fan. He is always the first to belittle and berate them, so if he feels that they'll prevail, who am I to doubt? And look at this lovely view from the Crawford Boxes at Minute Maid Park, where I sat for last Sunday's game with the Mets. Too bad we lost. That's Roy Oswalt in his trademark long socks at the plate. Sigh.

In other, more girly news, I got a pedicure a couple of weeks ago. Now, this isn't such a rare occurrence, but the accompanying commentary was certainly a first. The lovely Vietnamese lady who did my nails says to me, "Your feet soft like baby."

I think, Well, that's a good thing, right?

Then she kept talking.

"You must lie in bed all day and not walk around at all!"

Signing off, hopeful for the Astros and mystified by my fellow human beings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home