Wednesday, August 24, 2005

LOL.

I love it when I make a comment or a prediction, and then things. . . don't turn out.

Like last night. Roger Clemens (8, 5, 2, 2, 1, 7) was fabulous, as always. The Astros, as has often happened (seven times when Rocket has pitched), were not. Shut out again, for the fifteenth time this year (leads MLB). Some folks have even suggested that some sort of subliminal resentment on the part of the rest of the team may be responsible for Clemens' lack of run support.

Bullshit.

We've struggled offensively, to some degree or another, throughout the year. Clemens is not the only starter to have suffered. And the fact that we couldn't get anything going against Jake Peavy? Not something to be proud of, sure, but he's not an All-Star for nothing. It's not like getting shut out against Chan Ho Park, and his 6.07 ERA.

Oh, wait, he shut us down when he was with the Rangers.

Oh, DA-yum, he's pitching tonight!

I'm kidding. Sort of. You know, maybe the Astros don't have it together after all, as I more or less said last night, but if it ended tomorrow, it's been a great year. I've had a blast. I'm putting together a list of my favorite moments from this year, and no matter how it ends, I'll have those to remember.

And so will you. As soon as I get around to blogging them.

Go 'Stros.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home