Friday, November 04, 2005

Holy weekend, Batman

Great way to start a weekend.

I show up out at the lake, ready to run the trails with some friends. They all decide to bring their bikes instead. I looked liked that f***ing Discover Cards Rewards commercial guy. Thanks, y'all.

And I probably won't be able to move my legs tomorrow. Gaaah.

Anyway, as y'all know, I've been trying to clean up my language. Because, cussing is just not very f***ing ladylike. But this weekend, I'm heading to New Braunfels to hang out with my brother and his friends, and I'm thinking the clean-language-thing just isn't going to be happening. Last time I was there, my brother thought his name had been changed to "asshole" and that the traditional family greeting had been changed from "hello" to "f*** you." (But in my own defense, the last time I was there, the Astros were in St. Louis and got swept by the Cardinals, and he and his friends took no end of enjoyment out of my agony. So there.)

So, since I'm still doing the $1 for every f-word thing, I'm open to suggestions on charities to take my penan--er, donation.

Should be sizable.

2 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger Leah said...

First off, my condolences on not being able to swear. That will be a sad, sad day for me. (How exactly does one describe Cardinals or Avalanche fans without profanity?)

As for charities, I'm always up for the ASPCA and the Humane Society, though my favorite human-centric charity is Modest Needs.

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger danyah said...

Yeah. I've even donated to (gasp!) Tony La Russa's Animal Rescue Foundation before. Haven't heard of Modest Needs, though, sounds cool! Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home