Sunday, November 27, 2005

News from the front lines

Let's see, when it comes to the Astros' off-season, well, we've done. . . nothing.

Okay, I guess it hasn't entirely been "nothing." They did add some guys to the 40-man roster to protect them from the Rule 5 draft. One of them has actually played in Triple A.

Oh, and they released Charles Gipson, whose primary contribution was to pinch-run during September (he did play a little bit when Chris Burke hurt his shoulder), and Mike Burns was claimed on waivers by the Reds.

Yawn.

One of my friends called me yesterday, having read the news of the Beckett and Delgado trades. He was frustrated, as many fans are.

What can you do? (Apparently, when my friend gets frustrated, he shops. He bought an original painting after the World Series ended. It looks lovely in his living room, but if Tim Purpura doesn't get on task here pretty soon, Lord knows what else my friend will end up with.)

Of course, I should talk, having just bought a HOUSE. (In my own defense, I was house shopping long before the Astros even made the post-season.) So that has been occupying quite a bit of my time lately, and I haven't even begun packing yet! Good heavens buying a house is a pain in the ass. I just keep telling myself it's an investment, yeah, that's it, an investmentinvestmentinvestment. . . .

Stupid house buying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home