Thursday, July 06, 2006

Happy 4th!

Yeah, I know.

I've been busy.

Mikey Lamb hit a solo HR in the first inning of tonight's game (in which the Cards have just gone up 2-1 on Jim Edmonds' 2-run jack), helping to cement the Killer Silent B's place in my "affections." His assuring that there'd be no shutout tonight was second, though, to his pre-game interview, in which he talked to Greg Lucas about hitting in the second hole.

When he said it enables him to use his speed, I snickered.

Love ya', man, but you're not really known as fast.

We all have our dreams. . . .

Go "Stros!

(Oh, final note--my friend Max is using my game tickets tonight because I couldn't make a weekday trip. They are giving away an authentic NL pennant ring tonight. My friend Max is the luckiest SOB I've ever been around. If he wins it, I think I might vomit that I didn't go.)

1 Comments:

At 3:17 AM, Blogger danyah said...

Nuh-UH!

(And we've obviously had the same smack-talk training. . . .)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home