Monday, July 17, 2006

Stages

I'm eerily calm.

Actually, it's not even eerie.

Just calm.

I didn't see any of the weekend games with the Marlins (on call Friday, and in New Braunfels--at a condo with NO CABLE--on Saturday and Sunday). I was really excited to hear, while listening to the middle of Sunday's game on the radio on the drive home, that we had won on Saturday 12-0.

Then of course, Sunday's 3-0 lead came undone.

I turned the radio off.

At work today, when the usual suspects started giving me grief about the Astros' performance over the weekend, I didn't argue or hedge or counter. I just shrugged and said, "Yeah."

I've already gone through denial, anger, bargaining, and depression. I'm at acceptance.

I predict that the Cubs will enjoy a brief resurgence at our expense, taking 2 of 3, and that the Mets will sweep us out of town and out of the division race. I think the 12-plus game hole that we find ourselves in by the end of this road trip will likely knock us out of any real chance at a wildcard berth as well.

At least in the off-season, I should be able to get really good seats for next year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home