Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Rhymes with. . . .

Albert Pujols doesn't look quite as
intimidating from this angle, does he?



Anyway, what a weekend.

I can't believe that the freakin' Astros have won seven games in a row.

Nor can I believe that the Cardinals have LOST seven games in a row.

While I guess I am starting to have a flicker of interest again in the possibility of post-season play (although I've been trying really hard to suffocate that flicker), I am also torn by a sentiment of, frankly, irritation.

The Astros don't DESERVE to be in the playoffs.

I'm loving the great play right now, but wondering where the hell this effort has been all season? Grrr.

Anyway.

FABULOUS weekend. Starting Friday, when my BBF Max and I took in the game from the bullpen seats. Great view of Biggio's walkoff RBI single, as well as the post-game fireworks. Saturday, visited with some friends early in the day, then met up with redbirdbrain for that evening's game. (Aside--she is the most petite thing ever! I'm 5'2", 115 lbs., and I felt positively Brobdignagian around her!) Anyway, I don't know about her, but I had a great time--of course, the 'Stros won. . . .

We hung around downtown after the game, hitting various drinking establishments (surprise!). Her "St. Louis--A Drinking Town with a Baseball Problem" T-shirt attracted a lot of attention, as did the simple fact of an Astros' fan and a Cardinals' fan bandying about together. Then Sunday, we got up and had brunch at one of my favorite little places (the Empire Cafe) before heading to the Museum District to take in the Cockrell Butterfly Center and the Botanical Gardens. Then, back to downtown to grab some grub at Cabo's before heading to MMP. I probably wasn't the best hostess this day, as I had a splitting headache for most of it, but it was gone by the time we went to the game. And what a wonderful evening! Sitting in the Crawford Boxes, great weather, roof open, Rocket on the mound, stellar company--the only thing better would have been not having to work the next morning! As it was, I felt compelled to start my drive home around the middle of the sixth (after all, I do have a job in which alertness and vigilance are key to safety. . .), which unfortunately sentenced my guest to an early exit as well. Bummer.

Anyway, already looking forward to next year, which may involve a trip to Shea/Yankee Stadium/Wrigley/who knows what. Yay!

2 Comments:

At 4:48 AM, Blogger Leah said...

Next year when you all come to Chicago, we will be a wee little trifecta!

Also, HAAA - you took a picture of his POO HOLE!

Am 4, aparently.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger danyah said...

Re: "Am 4"--

Hey, me too!!! And thanks for getting the joke!

And, gosh, J, I really didn't see anything wrong with the game endings, myself. . . .

= )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home