Thursday, June 12, 2008

All righty then

What a difference a couple of weeks can make. The Astros have now been playing like the team I know and hate to love. They suck. They are currently a game under .500, tied with the Pirates (the Pirates!) for fifth in the division, and ten games back of the division-leading Cubs. Lance Berkman is leading in All-Star voting at first base, as he should, since he is still on a pretty fierce run. Everyone else has cooled down considerably, although Miguel Tejada is showing some signs of life again. The rotation is living up to expectations, which were not good. Astros' pitchers are on pace to set a new MLB record for home runs allowed.

Sigh.

It was fun while it lasted.

In other news, I went to the lake yesterday to ride the bike trails. They are one-way, single-bike-width trails. I remembered why I don't like to go first, when I rode straight into a full-body spider web, head first. I spotted the little bastard right before I hit him, but he had the last laugh.

Have I mentioned that I hate spiders?

The involuntary, convulsive, body-wide spasm that occurred next left me bleeding from an accidental scratch on my face and with all my possessions--helmet, bike, fanny pack, camelbak--scattered over several feet. It looked like a yard sale. My friend caught up with me at that moment and declared, "You're such a girl."

I was too tired to even flip her off.

Amusingly, I ran across the link to this later that day. Laughed my ass off, as I can totally relate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home