Wednesday, May 31, 2006

News du jour

Soon returning to Minute Maid Park--multiple stanzas of Elton John's Rocket Man! (Which, I actually like, by the way.)

The Astros and I may be on a "break" right now, but I'm neither blind nor deaf. Not only did I find out that Roger Clemens re-signed at around 9:29 a.m., I also subsequently paged and/or text-messaged over a half-dozen fellow fans with the info. (Funny--I didn't sign any of the pages, since I was using the hospital paging system for something that might not be considered a "professional" use, and yet every single one of the people I paged came up to me and said, "I got your page!" What's up with that?)

This article is certainly amusing--liked Lance Berkman's comment, especially.

A commenter on one message board said, "The swagger is back." If you judge by the above article, the players have known for a while that Clemens was returning. So where has the "swagger" been for the past month?

I hope Clemens' return signals everything that most fans want it to be--a turn-around in attitude, effort, expectations, whatever--and ultimately, a return to the post-season.

Just please forgive me if I'm not going to start saving up for my projected charitable donation just yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home