Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Excitement!

No, the boys didn't win today. Didn't lose either--snowed out at Wrigley, to be made up in July.

The Astros are doing something new this year. They are allowing season-ticket holders to pre-order the special player promotion items (more popularly known as "bobbleheads"). This is exciting for several reasons. One, they can become collectors items and increase in value--I was offered $25 for my Roger Clemens one the second I left the stadium last year. While it remains to be seen if any of this year's offerings will appreciate in value, I nonetheless am VERY excited that I won't have to worry about standing in line for hours for the things!

I ordered the whole set, of course--the Brad Ausmus Surfer Bobblehead, the Roy Oswalt Bulldozer Bobblehead, the Lance Berkman Cowboy Bobblehead, and the Carlos Lee Rancher Bobblehead.

No, I am not making any of this up.

This of course, brings to mind bobbleheads that other teams could do--the Manny Ramirez Straightjacket Bobblehead. The Delmon Young In-Your-Face Bobblehead with spring-loaded arm and detachable bat. The Barry Bonds Deposition Bobblehead. The Kerry Wood Hottub Bobblehead.

I really hope the Brad Ausmus version is issued sans shirt. . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home