Monday, September 26, 2005

No, it's NOT p.m.s., dammit

Oh MY LORD I have been bitchy today.

Maybe it was because some of the annoyances of my job (and every job has them) got to me today.

Maybe it was because I have around 30 hours of overtime for the last week and a half.

Or maybe, it’s because I’m starting to feel a little panicked that the Astros may not make the post-season, meaning that my favorite hobby will be finished in 6 days, until next March.

Their magic number is 6, meaning any combination of their wins and Phillies losses, adding up to six, will vault them into the playoffs. We have two games with the Cardinals, and four with the Cubs. The Cards are not likely to be playing their top guys, having already clinched the NL Central, but given that they’ve played well enough to be the only division winner in all of MLB, it’ll still be a tough fight. And the Cubs may not be playing .500 ball, but they’ve had our number all year (we’re 5-7 against them this season). So, say we manage to go 3-3 for the remaining 6 games, we can still manage to make the postseason if Philadelphia goes 3-3 also. And who are they playing? The imploding Nationals, and the Mets.

Shit. I have to cheer for the Mets?!?!?

Oh MY LORD am I bitchy.

2 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, Blogger Leah said...

1.) HEEEEE. Perhaps my dreams will come true and everyone will be as miserable as me this season! Now if only the Cards get knocked out in the first round...

2.) Eeew. The Mets. Gross.

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger danyah said...

LOL.

I knew I could count on you for support!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home