Sunday, May 06, 2007

Two testicles, one scrotum

Can I say that on the internet?

I'm referring, of course, to the news that Roger Clemens followed his beloved Andy Pettitte to the Yankees. This came as no surprise to me, despite Clemens' protestations that he was waiting to see how the Astros/Sox/Yankees were going to perform. Even if the Astros had started with a torrid April, Rocket wouldn't have come back because his sweetie is in NY.

My BBF (best baseball friend) Max and I were discussing this earlier. He agreed with me as to the reasons for Clemens' departure, but he also finds it hard to swallow. Max: "That's what cell phones and email are for! I have friends too, but I'm not moving to Colorado or Arizona or College Station!" [pause] "Especially not College Station!"

Yeah, love you too, buddy.

Anyway. . . just got back from a week in the Texas Hill Country, doing a bike tour of back roads and byways, looking at wildflowers and deer and ending up on the last day at Luckenbach. And yes, I've had that damn song stuck in my head ever since. . . .

Gotta go finish cleaning out my car, while contemplating conjoined Yankee pinstripes. Ick, on both counts!

1 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Blogger Leah said...

Oh, those crazy free agents. What will they do next...

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home