Thursday, June 08, 2006

The Buddhist's guide to Astros' fandom

Okay, before I start getting livid comments or emails about Buddhism, let me say one thing about this post.

Kidding!!

Apparently, there was a recent article in National Geographic about the rise of Buddhism. Now, I didn't read this article, but one of my more, ahem, red-necked colleagues did. He said that the gist of it was that Buddhism teaches you how to be happy--basically, if you're not satisfied with your station in life, that you need to, well, lower your expectations.

Well, by golly. I think I can find that very useful as an Astros' fan.

In fact, it's already happening.

Consider, if you will, my elation at the fact that we won the third game from the Cubs. The score was 1-0, so other than Ausmus' 1st home run of the year, offense was absent.

But by golly! We won two games in a row! And we won a series!

Woo-hoo!

On a serious note, I asked one of the orthopedic surgeons I worked with today (as we did an arthroscopic labrum repair) about Burke's shoulder (which he dislocated again last night while swinging and missing). His unequivocal opinion is that Burke will need a stabilization procedure. To him, it's not a question of "if," but "when."

Good luck, Burkie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home