Sunday, July 23, 2006

Have a little Faith

Hill, that is.

Some girlfriends in Houston had made plans months ago to attend the Tim McGraw concert last night at the Toyota Center. I'm not as much a fan as they are, but when one of the girls bailed, they asked me if I wanted to go. Sure, I said. A Tim McGraw concert sounds fun. And that's all I've heard about for the last couple of months--going to Tim, going to Tim. . . .

At work last week, someone asked, "Hey, isn't that the Soul2SoulII tour, with Tim McGraw and Faith Hill together?"

Confused, I said, "Well, I don't think so, they've never said anything about Faith Hill."

Little did I know I had such single-minded friends.

Anyway, the Tim McGraw/Faith Hill concert was simply fabulous--a great show, magnificent seats, good food beforehand, and a hotel room within walking distance of the venue, so no beverage-related driving worries. There were some misadventures, of course, but what happens in Houston, stays in Houston. . . .

Speaking of Houston, the Astros managed to avoid a sweep at the hands of the Mets, who looked like they underwent a role-reversal with us (errors, failure to hustle, etc.). While it will take more than one well-played game and well-deserved win to change my prediction about the 'Stros season outcome, it was certainly a refreshing change of pace for their "faith"-ful fans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home