Sunday, May 27, 2007

I'm such a character

Oh, wait, I mean I have character.

Or at least I should, after having suffered through this horrible month with my favorite team. The "good guys" have lost eight straight, putting them 8 games under .500 and 7 games back of the division-leading Brewers. (Amazingly, the 'Stros are only two games back of the second-place Cubs, unfortunately just reemphasizing the weakness of the NL Central this year.)

May is the traditionally the Astros' worst month, with an overall .478 winning percentage (or should we say a .522 losing percentage?). Still, it doesn't make it any easier as a fan. You always hope that this will be the year that they don't have to play catch-up. Like maybe they could actually lead the division for more than just the first couple of days.

Here's hoping June is no swoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home