Sunday, October 16, 2005

It was the best of times, and it was the worst of times. . . .

Ah, bliss.

The Astros won Games 3 and 4 of the NLCS this weekend, and I was there. They now have a 3-1 lead in the series, with three games remaining. They only have to win one of the remaining three games to capture their first World Series appearance in franchise history. Let's hope it will be tomorrow, when I make a return trip to Houston for the final home game of the NLCS.

Saturday's game was especially sweet for me, as I was in the company of some wonderful friends that I see too seldom, due to geography. With them, it doesn't matter how long it's been, things seem to just pick right back up where they left off. I had such an incredible time.

Then, damn.

I get home and realize that I didn't win the ticket lottery, meaning that I can't buy (at face value through the Astros, anyway) tickets to the World Series. Not happy.

You realize, of course, that this means they're a lock.

Because, naturally, it's all about me. . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home