Sunday, June 24, 2007

Silver Boot my ass

Okay, I'll say it.

We suck. (The Astros, that is.)

We make the worst team in MLB look like a contender. I was content for a while with the team's explanation of bad luck, poor timing, etc., etc. But even given that we're traditionally a second-half team, no amount of luck or timing can explain this weekend's level of play.

Other than we suck.

It's kind of freeing to just admit it. No more expectations or hopes. They can only happily surprise me now. Yay!

In other news, back from my cruise. It was okay. My niece had a good time, anyway, and that was the whole point. I didn't see her much, as a friend's son, who was also on the cruise, developed an instantaneous and total crush on her on day one. Can you say remora? Or maybe Klingon? He basically never left her side. I'll be nice and leave it at that.

My backyard landscaping project is coming along well. I'm surprised that I've maintained the kind of attention span that it's requiring (I'm famous for half-finished projects). I'm getting quite excited about it, actually.

And it's good to have something to be excited about, since we suck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home